Monday, July 12, 2010

Flex-Able


In 1983, Steve Vai, with help from Frank Zappa, built and outfitted a small studio in his garden shed. Named Stucco Blue, Steve would use this home studio to record his first solo album - Flex-Able. The album is heavily influenced by Frank Zappa who Steve had worked with in the previous years. It also doesn't contain the 'shredding' that Steve would become known for. It does contain some of my favourite Vai tunes though.
I can't remember exactly what year I got this album, probably around 1987. I have the original cover above and I consider it one of the prized albums in my collection. The album contains the classic track "The Attitude Song" but for the purpose of this I have chosen a different track from the record, song 1, side 1....

Little Green Men

No comments:

Post a Comment