Monday, July 12, 2010

Hang Up Your Hang Up's


I can't get this song out of my head. It took a bit of searching around in order to find the album.'Man-Child' (1975) is one of Herbie's more funk influenced works. Wah Wah Watson plays a dominant role on the album, helping to write 4 of the 6 songs and his mastery of the wah wah pedal is one of the things that drew me to this album.

The hunt took place over a few weeks when I could find the time. I had searched the flea market bins to no avail although I was a little sloppy and might of missed it. I thought I had a lead at Zoo Zhop, but no good. He said he had it but couldn't be bothered to find it. Audiopile had a bunch of stuff that I ended up buying, always the case when you go out looking. Finally the album was found at Zulu. I checked the Hancock bins but it wasn't there. Luckily at the last moment I looked in the new arrivals bin and, voila, there it was. The feeling of finding something you are looking for is a big buzz for me. What usually follows is a strong desire to play the album right away so....

Without further adieu.... Hang Up Your Hang Ups


No comments:

Post a Comment